Covid-19 measures for your walking holiday
We want you to have a safe walking holiday with us, so we'll do our utmost to adhere to the latest Scottish Government guidance for the tourism and hospitality sector, ferry/boat operators and guides. This means that things will be a little different this year, but we can assure you that you'll still enjoy travelling and walking with us, being outside in the open air and visiting places undiscovered by most tourists.
General Covid-19 rules
- Don't join the holiday if you have Covid-19 symptoms or you or have to self-isolate, because of a positive Covid-19 test or because you have had contact with someone with Covid-19.
- There will be 2m/6.5ft social distancing from people that are not from your household when we are outside. This is 1m/3.3ft when we are in accommodations, restaurants, shops, on ferries, boats and in our minibuses.
- Everybody has to wear a face covering when you are in places with 1m/3.3ft social distancing.
- All the equipment we provide, like gaiters, walking poles and sit-mat, are for exclusive use during your holiday.
- We reserve the right to deny any participant we consider to be unwell or who we think will be unable to comply with the Covid-19 rules we're adhering to.
- Specifically relating to COVID-19, you acknowledge that you are travelling with us at your own risk and agree that you will not hold our company or staff nor any supplier we use during your holiday liable if you contract COVID-19 virus during the holiday.
Booking your walking holiday
- Up to 42 days before the start of your holiday, you can change your reservation to a holiday at a later date without a charge and the monies paid will be transferred to the new reservation.
- The balance is due 56 days before that start of the holiday, but we won't ask you to pay the balance until we expect that we can run the holiday while adhering to Covid-19 guidance.
- If you can't join the holiday, because you have to self-isolate, because you or a member of your household has Covid-19 symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19, you can either rebook to a holiday at a later date and all the monies paid will be transferred to the new reservation or we'll give you a full refund.
Before the start of the holiday
- We will send you the Covid-19 protocols that relate to your holiday four weeks before the start of your holiday. Please, read them carefully.
- We will send you 3 days before the start of the holiday a link to a form with Covid-19 screening questions to be answered.
- Download the Protect-Scot and CheckInScotland apps on your smartphone.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser and fabric face coverings which you can wash at the end of each day. Disposable face coverings put extra pressure on the environment.
- Let us know immediately if you or a member of your household has Covid-19 symptoms or has to self-isolate.
During the holiday
- Stay with the group, observing physical distancing guidelines at all times.
- All our suppliers and your guide will be working hard to keep the facilities and minibus as clean and safe as possible.
- Pay attention to and follow all instructions and advice that is provided by your guide and any supplier and their staff we use during your holiday.
- Keep your hands clean - use hand hygiene products that are provided for your use, or use your own, before or after you touch any common areas.
After the holiday
- If you develop symptoms within 48 hours of the end of the holiday, apply for a COVID 19 test, inform us and support NHS contact tracing if requested.
This section has been added to our booking conditions and if it conflicts with any part of our booking conditions this section has precedence.